7Aum Arivu, when this film was announced there were lot of speculations. There were even rumors which said the film is inspired by Inception. Lot of hype surrounded this movie when we heard Surya is performing a dual role, and it increased our curiosity levels when we saw Surya dressed up like a Monk.
Close to the release of the movie we came to know that the story is a inspired fiction based on Bodhi Dharma, a Pallava king who became a Buddhist monk who traveled to China & eventually became of the father of Kung-fu.
Given this premise the expectations soared sky high and eventually tickets got sold out for all shows for the first five days. Is this movie worth that hype? I normally watched my favorite movies on First day, this was an exception & I watched on the Third day. In between the two days I saw read a lot reviews in web and in social networking sites & I came to a conclusion that its a good movie but not worth the hype created.
Even after hearing the negative reviews I went with a open frame of mind & to my surprise I liked the movie very much. In fact it is a great movie which actually made me proud as a part of the Tamil Culture. The following are some of the reasons why I really liked the movie
- It’s a superb attempt to make a sci-fi movie in Tamil, which definitely is taking our own kollywood to the next level
- The way Bodhi Dharma’s transformation from a Pallava King to a Great Legened was portrayed
- Fresh scenes which were not a repeat or remake
- I really enjoyed the scenes where Sruthi blasts the Big Old Scientists it seemed spontaneous
- The scene where Johnny Tri Nguyen tries to hypnotize Surya was brilliant
- A new theme which is like fresh air.
- Surya, Shruti Haasan & Johnny Tri Nguyen
- I really don’t understand why all the Heroines by default should love the protagonist
- There is no life in the love plot
- The screenplay could have been more racy
- Hypnotic technique used by Johnny Tri Nguyen was really tiring
- Songs which really slows down tempo of the film